Tuesday, August 13, 2024

And Six Years to Post Photos

Goodness, so much has happened since the last post about Susan's purple dress! But now that I've logged back on, I feel it only appropriate the finish that post with a few pictures. The dress isn't exactly like the one in the movie; I simply couldn't find the right purple material, with the right stripes, spaced correctly, etc, etc. **Now you see why it took me 10 years to get started ;-)** And I didn't have the funds at the time to specially design and order 8 yards of material. Maybe if I were to sew this dress again that may be something I could consider doing. Or I could sew it up in lovely shades of deep green. Now that I mention it, it does sound like the good start to a Ithilien ranger inspired outfit. Hmmm, now my brain is racing. As if I don't already have enough projects on my sewing to-do list. Lol! Back to the purple dress. I did finish it satisfactorily enough for my tastes. I completed it just two months before getting married, so hopefully anyone reading this blog can forgive me, especially since I had to immediately jump into rush-sewing my wedding gown. :-)

And now here are a few of the not-so-great-quality photos I have of the long thought out dress, inspired by Susan's purple dress from the movie Prince Caspian. Enjoy!

     I did adjust the bodice pattern for my wonky shoulders. If I had done the back neckline like the original, I would have been constantly tugging and readjusting it. Not a fun thing to have to do when you're just trying to enjoy your latest completed sewing endeavor. :-)


     I really like how the silhouette turned out. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment